I've been using the term "jerryrig" wrong my whole life, and that it's actually a 1700s British Navy term called "jury-rig" (after the French "jour" for "today"), when they would temporarily fix a mast on the fly after a battle.

Sign in to participate in the conversation

Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct! Thank you. is maintained by Sujitech, LLC.