Here you go, dystopian shit:
- Charging history
- Unique car & battery IDs
- Kilometres driven (battery)
- Operational state of engine
- Driving & parking history
- Data on speed, acceleration & deceleration
- Number of times ABS has been activated
- When airbags are deactivated
- Name, first name & email of owner
- Other electric vehicles in vicinity
@xuv @ilumium @chbmeyer Worth saying that, due to the GDPR, they can't actually _collect_ this info without consent - my Zoe had been harrassing me on power-on for months begging me to let it share this data with goodness-knows-who, but I always refused. It appears to have stopped harrassing me after a service, I think they updated the firmware to remove the nags maybe.
@seachaint @xuv @chbmeyer This is really discomforting. Looks like the car industry is a data wild west at the moment with little oversight if any. After #Tesla has gotten the Big Brother Award in Germany for non-conpliance with #GDPR, I was hoping there would maybe be a reaction from regulators. But perhaps everyone wants electric cars to succeed so badly that nobody dares to act.
Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct! Thank you. Mastodon.cloud is maintained by Sujitech, LLC.