What are some things that every computer user should learn? What things do you wish every computer user knew? What are some of the biggest benefits that individuals and/or society could reap if computer users learned these things?
Please boost, I honestly want as many serious answers as possible. Feel free to answer variations of the question for different levels of "computer users", such as programmers, office workers who use a computer 4+ hours per day, phone-only users, etc.
@willghatch If you're a typical user, know that:
- This isn't your fault.
- You may be able to learn how to better use systems.
- Many systems are badly designed.
- Training _everyone_ on _everything_ probably won't work.
- Systems used by many people won't be very flexible or powerful.
- These problems impact other issues mentioned previously about data, identity, fraud, and more.
One result is to build systems that do only one thing, and don't share or exchange data outside of that.
[Notice Regarding the Transfer of the mstdn.jp / mastodon.cloud Services] We have received several inquiries showing interest in a transfer following the announcement of the end of the mstdn.jp and mastodon.cloud services. As a result of subsequently evaluating the situation and making preparations, we have decided that the corresponding services will be transferred to Sujitech, LLC. on June 30. Thank you.