Things I liked about 80's/90's computing:
- Total control over my hardware
- Software that worked with me, not against me
- Superior aesthetics (yeah I said it :3 )
- Overall sense of promise and freedom
Things I like about computing today:
- Easy and open access to knowledge
- Insane amounts of storage
- The sheer computing POWERRRR
Now if only we could make these attributes come together instead of being period exclusive.
@dredmorbius @lachs0r anything at all. The difference from other ports like USB is that it's completely manual and has direct influence over the "powered on" and "powered off" state of each pin so your code has full control over what is happening. Can also be good for low latency input like joysticks.
It's pretty great if you're a programmer.
Generalistic and moderated instance.