feels like I should dump all my most alienating personal interests so ppl know not to follow me
• gnostic a(mono)theist; I consider it a matter of positive fact that no benevolent, omnipotent God exists (but no, I don't want to argue with you about it and no, I'm not an anti-theist)
• Episcopalian with Anglo-Catholic sympathies
• witch who doesn't think magic is real
• constraint-satisfaction as artistic praxis
• EXTREME systematizing/abstracting bent
• materialist tipping towards neutral monist
@byttyrs exactly! very much agreed. like if you try to convert me i'm not gonna be super nice but until then i wont be mean to you
@hodot also, I wish people wouldn't act like disproofs that hold for the Christian God... also hold equally for every other deity ever conceived. like I don't believe in Zeus either but you can't argue for or against his existence with reference to the existence of suffering and evil. it is NOT a trivial prospect to disprove the existence of all gods because it is nontrivial to describe all religious claims!
@byttyrs the biggest thing for me is that religion has literally never played any meaningful role in my life so I don't see it as necessary so i'm not gonna worry about it
@byttyrs it's very rare that I find someone in the same plane of thought. thanks for being reasonable lol
Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct! Thank you. Mastodon.cloud is maintained by Sujitech, LLC.