feels like I should dump all my most alienating personal interests so ppl know not to follow me
• gnostic a(mono)theist; I consider it a matter of positive fact that no benevolent, omnipotent God exists (but no, I don't want to argue with you about it and no, I'm not an anti-theist)
• Episcopalian with Anglo-Catholic sympathies
• witch who doesn't think magic is real
• constraint-satisfaction as artistic praxis
• EXTREME systematizing/abstracting bent
• materialist tipping towards neutral monist
• I say the words 'faggot' and 'tranny' a lot because those words and the social phenomena/cultural knowledge they organize are ALSO a major intellectual, creative, and personal focus of mine. I'm interested in things like camp culture and faggy interactional norms; ways in which some gay men are understood by heterosexual society as 'faggots', but neither men nor women; the overlap between 'faggot' and categories like 'tranny' or 'woman'; premodern practices of faggotry and transfemininity.
• I reread my old social media posts constantly bc otherwise my episodic memory/longterm memory of my own life is fucking atrocious. sometimes in the middle of one of these deep-dives I repost a shitton of old jokes
• love too traumablog about paternal abuse, grooming/CSA, sexual assault/consent-bending, & hypersexuality
• I do close-readings of memes that end up at like 1k wordcount for a 10-word image macro
• also I'm really funny and if you disagree that's super sad and I'm sorry for you :/
• oh, also, I was a fractious leftist/SJW in an imageboard community (unusually liberal at first, eventually mostly proto/fascists) for six and a half years of my life while the alt-right movement developed around me. as a result, I talk about imageboard/channer culture, anonymity and its self-refutations, reactionary rhetoric/social engineering/epistemology (and how to resist the same) in Internet settings, and the dissociative part (read: trauma alter) I developed from that Internet persona.
• musical hipsterdom. indie folk (Joanna Newsom, Shake Russell), bubbley dancepop (PC Music, FEMM), BR drag pop (Pabllo Vittar), pre-2010 AMV staples, little bit of rap (Le1f, Nicki Minaj, the Fugees, Cakes Da Killa, Black Eyed Peas), gay indieshit 2006-2011 (Smiffs, Of Montreal, Belle & Sebastian, Ben Gibbard, F&TM, Vampire Weekend/Rostam projects, Sufjan Stevens), old ppl harmony groups (Dixie Chicks, Simon & Garfunkel, Crosby Stills etc), madrigals/early music
• related: recovering ironylass
Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct! Thank you. Mastodon.cloud is maintained by Sujitech, LLC.