feels like I should dump all my most alienating personal interests so ppl know not to follow me
• gnostic a(mono)theist; I consider it a matter of positive fact that no benevolent, omnipotent God exists (but no, I don't want to argue with you about it and no, I'm not an anti-theist)
• Episcopalian with Anglo-Catholic sympathies
• witch who doesn't think magic is real
• constraint-satisfaction as artistic praxis
• EXTREME systematizing/abstracting bent
• materialist tipping towards neutral monist
• I'm a madwoman (psychosis: hallucinations, primarily visual, and delusions. bipolar type II. autistic or ADD or w/e, not hung up on diagnostic categories. PTSD/dissociative, identity disturbance), which informs a lot of my academic/intellectual interests. e.g.: madness as epistemological/empirical rupture; non-/premedicalized conceptions of madness/folly/'oddity', and sociocultural reflexes thereof; the relationships between madness, religiosity, magic, and ecstatic experience.
• I say the words 'faggot' and 'tranny' a lot because those words and the social phenomena/cultural knowledge they organize are ALSO a major intellectual, creative, and personal focus of mine. I'm interested in things like camp culture and faggy interactional norms; ways in which some gay men are understood by heterosexual society as 'faggots', but neither men nor women; the overlap between 'faggot' and categories like 'tranny' or 'woman'; premodern practices of faggotry and transfemininity.
• I reread my old social media posts constantly bc otherwise my episodic memory/longterm memory of my own life is fucking atrocious. sometimes in the middle of one of these deep-dives I repost a shitton of old jokes
• love too traumablog about paternal abuse, grooming/CSA, sexual assault/consent-bending, & hypersexuality
• I do close-readings of memes that end up at like 1k wordcount for a 10-word image macro
• also I'm really funny and if you disagree that's super sad and I'm sorry for you :/
• oh, also, I was a fractious leftist/SJW in an imageboard community (unusually liberal at first, eventually mostly proto/fascists) for six and a half years of my life while the alt-right movement developed around me. as a result, I talk about imageboard/channer culture, anonymity and its self-refutations, reactionary rhetoric/social engineering/epistemology (and how to resist the same) in Internet settings, and the dissociative part (read: trauma alter) I developed from that Internet persona.
• musical hipsterdom. indie folk (Joanna Newsom, Shake Russell), bubbley dancepop (PC Music, FEMM), BR drag pop (Pabllo Vittar), pre-2010 AMV staples, little bit of rap (Le1f, Nicki Minaj, the Fugees, Cakes Da Killa, Black Eyed Peas), gay indieshit 2006-2011 (Smiffs, Of Montreal, Belle & Sebastian, Ben Gibbard, F&TM, Vampire Weekend/Rostam projects, Sufjan Stevens), old ppl harmony groups (Dixie Chicks, Simon & Garfunkel, Crosby Stills etc), madrigals/early music
• related: recovering ironylass
@byttyrs your point about religion here is exactly how I feel and I'm going to use this way of articulating it from now on is that okay
@hodot hey, absolutely, go ahead. I wish more atheists would treat their atheism as a point of personal worldview, and not as an antagonism with people who have different worldviews!
@byttyrs exactly! very much agreed. like if you try to convert me i'm not gonna be super nice but until then i wont be mean to you
@hodot also, I wish people wouldn't act like disproofs that hold for the Christian God... also hold equally for every other deity ever conceived. like I don't believe in Zeus either but you can't argue for or against his existence with reference to the existence of suffering and evil. it is NOT a trivial prospect to disprove the existence of all gods because it is nontrivial to describe all religious claims!
@byttyrs the biggest thing for me is that religion has literally never played any meaningful role in my life so I don't see it as necessary so i'm not gonna worry about it
@byttyrs it's very rare that I find someone in the same plane of thought. thanks for being reasonable lol
Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct! Thank you. Mastodon.cloud is maintained by Sujitech, LLC.