We have managed to fix quite some bugs
- Fix for packaging bug which made powerdevil crash continuously .
- Disable window switcher intended to be used only on desktop
- Fix text coloring in time settings module when used with breeze dark theme.
- Merge the new network management module.
There are some more WIP bug fixes.
If you have device which is supported by the Plasma Mobile, you can help by flashing edge rootfs, and testing out and reporting bugs.
There are some bugs where we could really do with help reproducing it as well testing.
- Plasma Discover shows undefined entries in Settings menu: https://bugs.kde.org/399647 ... This specific bug is heisenbug and maintainer of the Discover is unable to reproduce it.
In addition to this, you can help by testing out general shell functions.
(cont) However, there is another code path screenshotArea which is not using framebufferBlit functionality, and works nice.
So short-term solution is to make screenshot application use the screenshotArea, and long-term solution is to change kwin to use same code as screenshotArea if framebufferBlit is not available.
Working on short-term solution for now.
This is however all fine for the official application, but question I often get asked is. What about 3rd party applications?
First issue was Qt in org.kde.Platform was using desktop OpenGL, which is no-go on ARM devices.
(cont) Next problem was, on Halium devices we use libhybris to access the OpenGL ES. However freedesktop platform only packages Mesa by default.
Which means we need to somehow provide libhybris inside the flatpak runtime. Thanks to blog post of TingPing https://blog.tingping.se/2018/08/26/flatpak-host-extensions.html and packaging work of @Jbb https://gitlab.com/debian-pm/halium/flatpak-extension-libhybris we were able to run Hardware accelerated #Flatpak applications.
Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct! Thank you. Mastodon.cloud is maintained by Sujitech, LLC.