SXSW 2017, was a transformational event for Robert ... https://transformationgroup.io/blog/2017/3/27/sfbq5erkhxtzh5ty8ylml8m6e3qih4
What It Means To “Google” Something Just Changed Forever https://www.fastcodesign.com/90125972/google-just-had-its-most-exciting-day-in-years-and-it-didnt-announce-a-single-device
How To Find Clients For Your Freelance Blogging Business http://www.bloggingwizard.com/freelance-blogging-clients via @jilanneholder on https://refind.com/arinbasu/invites/JTIaDwc8Ey?hh=true
We are in the midst of a global race for talent. We explore what we can learn from other nations in ... http://www.kiwiconnect.nz/blog/2015/12/16/the-worlds-top-5-startup-visas-what-can-new-zealand-learn
Listly.io - Web page (HTML) to Excel in seconds http://www.listly.io/ via @benitodevalle on https://refind.com/arinbasu/invites/JTIaDwc8Ey?hh=true
“Work More Effectively and Productively with the Eisenhower Matrix” by @evernote https://medium.com/@evernote/work-more-effectively-and-productively-with-the-eisenhower-matrix-998091a14b3a
"With more awareness and engagement, coffee drinkers could do much to help these coffee farmers and our birds who visit them each year. Increasing the portion of Bird Friendly® coffee, even to just two percent of the market, would protect another 360,000 acres of forested farms."
Points to ponder.
1. You can control your own behavior.
2. You can control privacy only on your home instance.
3. If you don't like someone else's behavior you can block and/or mute them.
4. An instance admin can block and/or mute an entire instance.
5. Why are people coming up with all these ideas that have no practical viability in the context of federation?
6. Where do people get off expecting people on other instances to conform to their arbitrary (even if reasonable) unilateral policies?
" The structure of the Fediverse grants me more agency. Even if the admin of my current home instance decided to block an instance that I wanted to communicate with, I could just export my following list and move, or roll my own instance and federate with everyone."
Interesting statement, found in this article,
(@sonya wrote this)
@applecandy Have you seen that new cooking program; Culinary Genius?
I only found out about it after watching Gogglebox.
I realize that I must write a patreon blog post with updates since the last one, but the entirety of April is such a big thing I don't even know where to begin. Like hey, we went viral on infosec Twitter, then in France, then worldwide. Not to mention all press attention, all the releases, Japan...
I have joined a small number of Mastodon instances. Such as .Technology (smallish) and . Social (pretty big at 50k plus). I even joined noagendasocial.com
I'm not sure what I think about these multiple affiliations. I sure wish there was a login portal where I can easily switch from one instance to another and have it remember my credentials.
It is claimed Ernest Hemingway once wrote a six-word short story that could make people cry for a bet. The wager was ten dollars, which Hemingway won with the following: Show more
"I think Mastodon needs sponsored content"
1) Interest-based instances seem a natural way forward, a bit like subreddits without reddit. Users get a local timeline of shared interests plus ability to signal that interest across federation.
2) Fracturing may seem like a problem. I don't think so. People will always make boundaries. Houses have walls, properties have fences, etc. Free disassociation is as important as free association.
Generalistic and moderated instance.