It has been [ 6 ] years since anyone has mass-produced a good watch, apparently.
(In this context "good", of course, means :
* always-on transflective display (for telling time)
* buttons (for navigation)
* bluetooth (for notifications)
* microphone (for speech-to-text)
* weeklong battery (for travel)
* end-user programmable (obvs))
Luckily, there are still plenty on ebay, so I guess I'd better stock up, in case nobody figures out how to do it again...
@abliss I'm wearing a PineTime right now, but I feel like it's an aspirational buy. I know it has the potential to eventually be what I want. But my beloved Fitbit Ionic got bought by Google and then had to be sent back because they cause severe burns. 🤷♂️
Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct! Thank you. Mastodon.cloud is maintained by Sujitech, LLC.