my thoughts as a UI designer on a kick-ass mastodon reader:
- card-like interface (a la twitter highlights. one swipe per toot)
- tags (expanding the star system: think concept curation, like Pinterest boards)
- markdown! (bold. italics. headers. tables. lists. diagrams. yum!)
- Twitter and Facebook repost (top of social chain)
- native share (come on peeps, that's sine-qua-non for adoption)
- instance-agnostic, bring your own
Pero lo más curioso es que esa sensación de déjà vu se experimente también con las personas. Uno ve a la mayoría de los políticos del PP y piensa: “A este individuo, más joven que yo, lo conozco perfectamente, sé cómo es, lo he visto antes (...) Ve uno a Pablo Iglesias y a no pocos correligionarios suyos y lo asalta la misma sensación."
Yes, nobody can be sure about who you are in Mastodon, the same way nobody can be sure email@example.com is really Madonna. It's just like email - multiple servers talking to each other.
If this doesn't work for you, maybe you should reconsider. You can't have true decentralization and ✅ verification at the same time without a few extra steps.
Apparently you can verify yourself via keybase.io, but then people need to join YET ANOTHER SERVICE in order to have their cake and maybe eat it too.
How to verify your Mastodon account with Keybase.
#keybase #mastodon #verification
"Apple apologized for its Mac Pro line this week and promised to release “something great” in 2018"
Everyone is welcome as long as you follow our code of conduct! Thank you. Mastodon.cloud is maintained by Sujitech, LLC.